Thursday, October 30, 2008

A week of ups and downs...

Well this week has been great and disappointing. First the good stuff. I attended 2 cool lectures this week. The first was on Tuesday; Wegger Strommen, Norway's Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the United States came to visit my comparative political systems class. Mr. Strommen spoke about the role of the UN in world affairs. Strommen ended the lecture by call for drastic reform for the world's governing body.

The second lecture was last night and was given by John Langan of Georgetown University. The topic of Fr. Langen's lecture was the Five Wars in Iraq in relation to the Just War Principles. Excellent stuff.

But the really good news was me finding out that I will only have to complete 10 credits next semester and I'm officially a graduate!!! Of course the downside to this is that I will not be going on the Taiwan trip. It turns out that I don't need another political science credit, and I can't justify spending almost $4k on a course I don't need...sure would've been a great experience though.

No comments: