Monday, January 19, 2009

My Little Social Experiment

So it should be no secret by this point that I'm pretty easily entertained...here are the reactions from 2 friends with very different personalities when I decided to share "just a little too much" in an IM conversation. Let's call them "Friend A" & "Friend B". "A" was definitely more entertaining, but "B" had me ROFL'ing:

Friend A
(9:55:17 PM) MinimalistHobo: i just took a dump
(9:55:19 PM) Friend A: umm
(9:55:22 PM) Friend A: I don't need to know that
(9:55:27 PM) MinimalistHobo: No, it's ok..i don't mind.
(9:56:07 PM) Friend A: i do
(9:56:10 PM) Friend A: i mind
(10:04:38 PM) MinimalistHobo: oh
(10:05:20 PM) MinimalistHobo: ok, i thought we were the type of friends that "shared"
(10:05:25 PM) MinimalistHobo: my bad
(10:49:45 PM) Friend A: share is one thing
(10:49:58 PM) Friend A: imagary associated with what comes out of your ass
(10:50:04 PM) Friend A: thats for married people
(10:50:53 PM) MinimalistHobo: i'm sorry..i guess I thought we were close enough to share those kinds of details..i must have misjudged our relationship...I didn't just take a dump then.

Friend B
(9:56:13 PM) MinimalistHobo: i just took a dump
(9:58:06 PM) Friend B: thats insane
(9:59:09 PM) Friend B: where did you take it from?
(9:59:23 PM) Friend B: the cat turds?
(9:59:29 PM) MinimalistHobo: hahaha....bravo!
(9:59:41 PM) MinimalistHobo: i'm testing reactions of my friends
(9:59:54 PM) MinimalistHobo: to the phrase "i just took a dump"
(9:59:58 PM) Friend B: i win

4 comments:

Akhtar Samani said...

This is my last comment on your blog...since you are so easily amused...

Minimalist Hobo said...

When I was young I expected people to give me more than they could-continuous friendship, permanent emotions. Now I have learned to expect less of them than they can give-a silent companionship. And their emotions, their friendship, and noble gestures keep their full miraculous value in my eyes; wholly the fruit of grace.-Albert Camus
----
I guess I ask too much of people-MH

Jennifer said...

I am VERY disappointed that I was not included in this experiment.

Minimalist Hobo said...

If you'd been online at the moment you surely would have been one of my test subjects :P